An office photocopier is commonly used by multiple people throughout the day. As the attention of the world focuses on ensuring public safety and cleanliness, please take a read of this guide to see the best way to clean your photocopier and help stop the spread of illness.
Recommendation for cleaning the exterior touch surfaces of Sharp office equipment
The CDC advises to use a diluted alcohol solution that consists of at least 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water. Follow these steps below to clean the touch surfaces of Sharp devices utilizing the CDC recommendation.
- Wear disposable gloves (latex or nitrile) when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- Turn off the device and disconnect AC power
- Moisten a microfiber cloth with a mixture of 70%isopropyl alcohol and 30% water (do not spray)
- Begin with the display or MFP control panel and finish with any flexible cables
- When cleaning a display screen or touch screen panel, wipe in one direction
- After disinfecting, copier/scanner glass should be cleaned again using an office glass cleaner
- When finished, discard gloves and wash hands immediately for 20 seconds with soap and water
Precautions to take when cleaning and disinfecting Sharp office equipment:
- Never spray cleaning solutions on equipment, only use a moistened lint-free or microfiber cleaning cloth
- Do not use paper towels or tissues to clean equipment
- Do not use an alcohol/water mixture that is stronger than 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes when cleaning with alcohol and make sure there is adequate ventilation
- Only clean the exterior touch surfaces when cleaning and disinfecting equipment
- Never use abrasives or chemicals such as bleach, ammonia, acetone, peroxide or other cleaning agents on equipment as these can damage the finish as well as damage electrical components.
©2020 Sharp Electronics Corporation. All rights reserved. Sharp is a registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.